2018 International Women's Day Art Exhibition
Thursday 1st March to Sunday 11th March 2018
Gallery hours: Thursday to Sunday 10.30am to 4pm.
Each year around the world International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8th. Thousands of events occur throughout March to mark the economic, political and social achievements of women.
The Macleay Valley community Art Gallery committee will be celebrating International Women’s Day 2018 with an exhibition in the Gallery, at 5 Kinchela Street, Gladstone. The gallery committee invites women to submit art work in any medium e.g. textiles, painting, sculpture, floral arrangements, wood or metal work, quilting, ceramics etc. for the exhibition.
Exhibition terms and conditions: all work must be the original work of the artist
· All art work must be presented ready for hanging on the galleries hanging system. No art work will be pinned to the gallery walls. D rings 7.5cm from the top or about 3.5cm from the top for smaller works
· All entries are accepted and displayed at their owner’s risk.
· Maximum size of art work 1.2m. This is to allow for maximum entries.
· Commission: 17.5% on sale of art works
· Enquiries at the gallery Ph:65675092 or Barbara 65690974
· Please attach labels to each art work showing artists name, price and title on the back of your work.
· Entries close: Friday 23rd February 2018. This has now been extended to Monday 26th Feb when paintings are delivered.
· Entry forms to be submitted via the form below or to be sent to: MVCAG PO Box 3385 West Kempsey, 2440 or download the Entry Form here (PDF )
· Art work to be delivered to the gallery in Gladstone on: Monday 26th February 9 am to 12 noon.
· Art work to be collected from the gallery on: Monday 12th March between 9 am and 12 noon.
Entry fees can be paid by :
1) At the time of delivery of artworks to the gallery
2) Direct Deposit to the Gallery Bank account:
Bank :National Bank Australia
Account Name : Macleay Valley Community Art Gallery
BSB: 082-674 Account Number : 844478119
Reference: Please use your surname as the reference
3) Or by Contacting Barbara Huntington to make other arrangements 65690974